The Sugar Beet Museum has been closed for restoration work and will reopen from September 2022 on the first Sunday of each month.
The present town site was originally the 640 acres (one square mile) of the Green Hills Native Police Reserve; a police barracks operated here from 1844 to 1852. More on the history of the township.
The many industries and developments in the area will be added to our site as it evolves.
The sugar beet industry is featured in the sugar beet museum open 10 am – 1 pm on the first Sunday of each month.